Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Moment to brag

I am sure you expected this to be about the boys, but I just wanted to brag about my Dad a little bit. The first weekend in May my Dad was invited to give the commencement address and his Alma mater Northwestern Oklahoma State University. My dad did not attend his own college graduation because he had already started Graduate school at the University of Texas. My Grandma Dorothy attended the ceremonies just to hear my dad's name read because he was the first in his family to graduate from college. In giving the address at NWOSU he was able to experience graduation in a new way.In his great speech he spoke some words of encouragement, gave some advice and provided an insight into what is to come for these graduates.He is very modest about this invitation but in thinking about it, very few of us will be asked to give the commencement address at our Alma mater! It is quite an honor indeed!

No comments: