Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just Like Rockefeller Center......Not Reallly

Saturday night was Crested Butte's annual light the night, night. There is a small, short parade to the big tree and then Santa light's the tree. This year Santa brought one of his reindeer to the parade. This was the first time for the reindeer and it was a huge hit! The reindeer making his way up Elk ave.

Brooks getting a lift to see the reindeer above the crowd.
Boosting Ty for a better view. I held Ty most of the time, he gets nervous in crowds--plus it is hard when you are so close to the ground in a group of adults.
It was really cold. I thought for sure in the single digits--but really it was about 11 degrees.
You can see Daddy enjoying this less and less with each boy. Cooper was having fun. Once Santa makes it to the tree he lights it up to start the season. After! Our beautiful tree is now lit for the rest of the year. One of my friends remarked it was just like the lighting in Rockefeller Center. Really it was a lot of standing in the cold for Santa to flip the switch. Brooks being silly








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, as always. My only question is--how did you get Brooks up to Mike's shoulders??? You live in a beautiful place, even though it's bitter cold.
Love,
Mimi S.

Coryn said...

Julie, Hope you are settling in to the new place. Sucks you have to move so much:( I need your new address so I can mail out christmas cards. Call me soon and if I don't talk to you have a great christmas. LOL